Search

What should be in your Quotation as a Wedding Photographer?

A quotation is created by a photographer to provide transparency about the services that he/she can offer to clients. This document is also made to present the pricing of the photography services that a client would like to acquire from a photographer. Photography quotation formats need to present a photographer professionally, which is the reason why the creation of this document should be keenly considered and assessed.




Why Quotation?


Quotation saves you time, money, and aggravation. By clearly explaining your expectations from your clients, everyone is on the same page. This prevents a lot of aggravation in the form of misunderstandings and dashed expectations.





Things to Include in Your Photography Contract


Remember, the quotations may be different for different events or occasions. I am considering the wedding as an event here. Also, maybe the below points may not suitable or applicable in your scenario. I am thinking of an overall aspect here. These are the tips that are common through most examples of simple photography quotations.


1. Names and Contact Info


Most contracts begin by establishing who the agreement applies to. Include all of the details of your business, including phone number, email, and physical address. Make sure the client’s information is also filled out, including their full legal name, address, and other contact information.



2. About Your Company


Describe what your company is all about. Your About Us page is one of the most important pages on your quotation. An About Us page is your chance to tell the world:

  • Who you are.

  • What matters to you.

  • What you do.

  • How you do it.

It’s often one of the first stops when someone visits your website or blog.



3. Pricing


If you've ever thought about shooting a wedding, you have probably wondered: "How much should I charge to shoot a wedding?" Before you do anything else, you need to know how good you actually are and how your work is perceived within your market. You might be very knowledgeable about business and pricing, but if your photography isn't good enough, you won't win over any brides.


The wedding photography industry is filled with people who think that because they own a "professional" camera, they are now professional wedding photographers, and obviously, this is very far from the truth. Maybe you are a great photographer, but your portfolio isn't complete, because you haven't shot enough weddings yet, or maybe you've shot a lot of weddings, but none of them are fancy enough and your portfolio is making your work look cheap. 


Critiquing your photography is only the first step. You also need to compare your entire image with other photographers in your area. Does your logo look professional? Does your website make you look high end? Does your blog or about page make you look exclusive? If you can be honest with yourself, you should be able to look at your work from the perspective of a prospective bride. What would make them hire you over your competition or vice versa without throwing money into the mix?


After self-analyzing all the above points, make a separate column to describe your pricing and deliverables properly. There should not be any confusion in your client's mind. Mention each and every deliverables, dates, team members, etc. Take your time in designing the pricing section of your own.


Here I want you not to copy anything from the internet. It is your business and you have to know what's best. for it. You can refer to the sample of our quotation below.




4. Terms and Condition


Lastly, mention all your terms and conditions in your quotation. Clear everything from your side. Mention anything that your client specifically wants. Most. importantly mention your payment policy. Everyone has a certain way of receiving payments, mention yours there. Here you can refer to the internet for some help. But again I won't recommend you that because it's your business and you have to spend time and brainstorm to keep every possible point mentioned in this section.


We have two pages of terms and conditions is our quotation which I cannot upload here because of the privacy policy. We keep our Terms and Condition section flexible (10%) which we change as per client's need. The remaining 90% is the same for all of our clients.





Well, I hope this blog will help you with writing your own quotation. You can reach us anytime if you face any difficulty in making your quotation.








©2020 Abhishek Sanyal Clickography